Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Can You Look out Your Window Please?

My motivation may be running past. If you see it can you please catch it and send it back home?

As you can gather from the title, last week was a fail. Got in the runs during the week, but just couldn’t get motivated to get out the door on the weekend. So, I put in 14 miles, but my long(ish) run went out the window.

Assuming someone catches my motivation and sends it back home, here’s what I’m look at this week:

  • Monday: Scheduled rest
  • Tuesday: 4 miles
  • Wednesday: Schedule conflict – scheduled rest
  • Thursday: 4 miles
  • Friday: 6 miles
  • Saturday: Schedule conflict – rest day
  • Sunday: 10 miles on the trails
  • Total planned: 24 miles

Thinking about it, I’ve been reading about a lot of motivation issues lately. Maybe it’s a conspiracy?

9 comments:

  1. The fog isn't enough to rouse on a Saturday morning? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A vast, right-wing conspiracy, no doubt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the motivation right here, Glenn...just bring me the strong legs to get the legs done! Between the two of us, maybe we can throw out one good run this weekend :). Hope the mojo returns soon!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep my motivation on lock-down. You can't trust that motivation, you turn your back for one second and it could be gallivanting to who knows where. Have you seen that Kaiser commercial? It's probably a national problem. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. When training, this is how I tend to look at it... motivation vs discipline: Motivation is a kick in the rear. I usually don’t feel like running moments before a run, so I talk myself into doing it.

    Discipline, on the other hand, doesn’t give a damn. It dictates you’re going to run regardless of how one feels and clicks the “Mute” button during times of self-induced whining.

    You suppose they sell Discipline at WalMart? Because I could use 16 ounces worth of it! Hahaa

    Believe me, we all know the feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your motivation and my motivation are out having a party some where. I have a Half to do this Sunday, and Im not even excited about it. Bahh Forgive me, I do not mean to add to the fire, on a lighter note, I am sure it will return. If I see it, Ill tell it to go home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your motivation seems like its been MIA for quite some time now! Yours and mine must've ran off back in 09 or so... Sheesh. Do you WANT to be running this much? Or would you maybe benefit from/prefer a more casual "schedule" like 3mi - 4x a week? Obviously I'm in camp-slack right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. If your mojo makes it this far, it will certainly be out of breath on a climb and we'll run it down and capture it for you ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ::sends Glenn some motivation since it's not doing the Green Girl much good since she's pulling insane hours at work::

    ReplyDelete