Monday, May 12, 2014

I’m Humbled…

All I did was float a post that I'm going to start posting again and some of my old regular readers came out of the woodwork to give their encouragement. Wow. I’m humbled.

So, let’s talk. For the last year I’ve been working (same job when I last blogged). And eating. And working. And eating. And playing poker. And eating. Do you see a pattern here? Do you see what I’m missing? Bottom line is I’m back to where I was before I started rowing, which was a couple years before I started running - which was a long time ago. Fitness? Zilch. Endurance? Zilch. Girth? El gordo.

In fact, my weight has me concerned. So, a few weeks back, I decided to start an exercise program. The program consists of walks around the neighborhood. That program was successful. For a week. Then came the excuses. “Man, I’m tired.” “Can’t go tonight, I have some work left to do.” Can you see a pattern?

I’m going to dust off the ol’ blog so that I can be accountable. I *think* that as long as someone is reading, I *might* be motivated. So – phooey on you guys who commented. If it wasn’t for you, I’d have a reason to put things off. Smile

I’ll be updating on a regular basis. Right now, I will be doing a boring walk around the neighborhood (2.6 miles, two days a week) and one longer walk in the hills on the weekend. Keep in mind – “longer” these days means 4 – 5 miles. I’m also tracking my calories. Believe me. I have more than 50 lbs to drop in the coming months. Yikes!

6 comments:

  1. Great for taking the 1st steps! All the best and keep it going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see that you're back at fitness (and blogging!). I'm on the long road back to fitness myself. I am looking forward to following your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm reading and psyched to hear how it goes :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't give up! We can relate to those struggles (and the downward spiral!), so it's great to see you get back into the swing of things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm right there with you. Many life changes and I need to get back into hiking shape. Go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know what motivates you to walk? Getting a puppy! I'll tell you what, it's so much better to wear the beast out than deal with the puppy shenanigans at night when you just want to veg out. :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete