Friday, April 11, 2008

Cross train day

Today I did something that I haven't had a chance to do for a few weeks - cross train. Between my foray into over training and my following work schedule, it seems that I just wasn't able to get to any cross training on days that I wasn't running.

The Cal Coast training plan for novice marathoners has us running Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. Saturday is our long run. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays are supposed to be easy runs. I don't think we run more than 45 minutes during the week. Sunday definitely needs to be a recover day from Saturday's long run. So, that leaves Tuesday or Thursday for other things. So, yesterday I went back to my old haunt at the Newport Aquatic Center and put in a 40 minute erg session for 8 km. Spent some time in the weight room after that to stretch and do some light lifting. It was actually nice to do something different!

No comments:

Post a Comment