Monday, July 14, 2008

Three Miles on a Two Mile Trail

I started a 12 week Higdon Training plan today. I need to get back into shape after a 6 week layoff since the Rock n' Roll Marathon. I chose the 12 week Intermediate Spring Training program. It starts off easy enough and builds to weekly mileage between 25 and 30. I'll do the Cal Coast long runs on Saturdays and the mileage should be good.

Tonight I was looking for somewhere different to run, so I went over to Bonita Creek Park thinking that the trail that takes off was a 1.5 mile run, so out and back would have made 3. Too bad for me! The trail was only a one mile out and back. I had some mean climbing up to the Bonita Creek housing tract, back down to Arroyo Grande Park, and then back up and down again. Needless to say, my 9:45 pace was shot. But I did finish and it was great to start back into the swing of things!

No comments:

Post a Comment