Sunday, March 7, 2010

My Last Double Digit Run

Twelve nice and easy miles in the books. My last double digit training run before the Big Day. I took the opportunity to check out a couple things from my list:
  • Clothing: Apparently my body is still changing. My favorite marathon shorts (Adidas with built in compression shorts) fits a lot looser that I remember. I had a problem with the shorts riding down on my hips and the compression shorts riding up into my nether regions. I fixed it by cinching the drawstrings a little tighter. Ouch! I need to remember that on race day....
  • Fueling on the run: I was able to rip the little top off the Hammer Gels and get them down while moving. This is a big deal given my highly evolved sense of balance and coordination. The only thing I didn't practice was throwing the finished gel pack on the ground (shame shame!)

So far so good. Today is a six mile race pace run. Time to figure out how that feels....

9 comments:

  1. LOL at the "highly evolved sense of balance and coordination." I swear this is why I use Gels right before aid stations...I have an utter inability to tear the top off the get package as I'm running. I thought I was the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Glenn,
    God, I love it when my clothes start to feel a little big!! You are trimming down even more because of all of your hard core marathon training:) Nice job on the twelve mile and I hope your six mile goes just as fantastic:) Glenn, you are ready for this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go with the clothes loosening -- of course, it can be frustrating so close to the marathon! Love the gel-eating practice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you were able to eat and run at the same time! It can be quite difficult!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an exciting time for you! I really love reading about what people go thrugh during their "taper" - as I am totally clueless on what to expect.

    Oh, and I am still laughing at your comment about being in a tutu and pom poms. I love it! Can't wait to see you in San Diego. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. time to change the name of your blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. With your shorts problem I hope you avoid streaking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you need to go shopping for new running shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You could invest in new shorts, "fat" runner? :-) You have time to wear them and break them in before M-day. But either way, I think it's time to at least update your blog to "running not-so-fat guy".

    ReplyDelete