Thursday, July 29, 2010

So Here Goes Nothing

I’ll be out of touch for the next few days, but I wanted to stop in to publicly commit to my other two goal races:

There will be other races, but they won’t be goal races. A few 5Ks and 10Ks. Some trail races. L.A. Marathon? I need to see how it fits in. I’m not sure a 26.2 mile training run is in the cards so early in the ultra training cycle.

Well – it’s off to Parent Orientation for my youngest son. He’s off to college this fall. I can’t believe that I’m about to become an empty nester.

9 comments:

  1. That makes sense to avoid a 26.2 mile training run -- you don't want to mess with your main race. Congrats on the almost empty nest! (Though I know it's bittersweet.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The public commit ... always a big step. Looking forward to following your training.

    Trying to remind myself to enjoy my full nest. Several years before mine head to college, but I suspect it will be here before I know it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What The Green Girl said...

    Shelter Island 5K is one of those 5Ks isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like some fun stuff coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We'll meet up once again in LB and congrats on the college situation but that's too bad about empty nesting, it's NOT as nice as it sounds, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a huge week for you Mr. Winner!
    I will be doing the LB Full (my 1st!) gasp!!!
    I am reeeeealllly considering LA Im like 98 percent there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I was ready to be a bad girl again, I'd join you for the SoCal Half. And you'll love empty nesthood!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have fun and train hard for your halfs. Look forward to hearing about it. Have fun having the house to yourself. Now you can have a naked room. (that was off of some movie were the parents wanted their son to move out and they did it by paying some woman to reel him in or something.) Have fun man.

    ReplyDelete