Thursday, January 13, 2011

Something Just Might be Working Here…

I’m into week 2 of my training plan and everything seems to be progressing satisfactorily. I did take an extra day off this week – Tuesday. I had a long night on Monday, an early wake up Tuesday, followed by a two hour commute, a networking meeting, and an hour drive back home. By the time I got home in the early afternoon I was physically and mentally exhausted. Getting old sucks. I could have hit the trails, but opted for a much needed nap instead. Did I say getting old sucks?

I vindicated myself yesterday. I went out in the late afternoon for a smallish hill workout. All I have to say is today I am one sore dude. But – unlike a couple months ago where “sore” was bad, today “sore” is good. Maybe – just maybe – I’ve turned a corner here. I still have a long way to go, but I’ll take it for now.

I’ll be back out around the Lower Back Bay today for three more miles. It’s a beautiful Southern California day….

11 comments:

  1. Enjoy your sunny run! I haven't seen the sun in days! Too much snow here! Glad things are working out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The next few days are supposed to be just as beautiful as today, so you have a few days of outdoor enjoyment. Yay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good. and I agree can't complain about the change in the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea! That big long break seems to have done you some good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy it Glenn - your (forced) patience is paying off, now get in whatever the body is willing to do and be satisfied to be on the move!!! Glad the mojo's coming back...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Glenn, thanks for stopping by. I will be in your neck of the woods soon and even get to meet Patrick who I see follows you. I like your posts, short and sweet, like mine. And yes, you are making progress for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, yeah yeah, you can take your beautiful day and....well, it's not very beautiful here, actually cold and miserable. That's what I get for not living on the west coast. CA to be specific. I am so glad for you to be out and at em. Go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good sore is different from bad sore. Good sore is welcome. Glad that is what you are experiencing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice runs! Just found your blog. Nice : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, I love "good sore"! With every little tinge of soreness I get I smile! NOT the same case if it is the bad sore!

    ReplyDelete