Thursday, January 19, 2012

A Minor Setback

After all that rah rah talk about getting started on my journey to aerobic fitness, I suffered a setback over the weekend and couldn’t get out to do my long runs. Nothing physical – just some scheduling conflicts. Yeah. Unfortunately life has a way of getting in the way sometimes.

This week has also had it share of schedule challenges. Here was my planned schedule:

  • Monday: Rest
  • Tuesday: 4 easy
  • Wednesday: 4 easy
  • Thursday: 4 easy
  • Friday: Rest
  • Saturday: 10 trail
  • Sunday 8 trail
  • Total: 30 miles

But, to top it off, my job search had me running around Wednesday, and I will be doing so today (Thursday) as well, so those two runs aren’t happening. To top it off now, the weatherman* is forecasting rain Friday night and Saturday, which means my beloved trails will be closed this weekend. If that’s the case, I may end up breaking out the rowing machine. After all, a man has to eat!

* I use the term “weatherman” loosely. There are several female weatherpersons on TV in L.A. A couple appear to be keeping plastic surgeons in business…

9 comments:

  1. Like the Steve Martin character in L.A. Story - has to be the easiest job in the world being a Weather forecaster in SoCal.

    Keep kickin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. row, row, row your boat, .....hey, setbacks are there, i guess it's how you handle them. Sorry I posted your picture with out permission man. Just know that next week is just around the corner. Keep pushing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, life was getting in the way for me this week too! I had to post the same sort of thing on my blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do rowing 2-3 times a week and dislike it with a passion (unlike outdoor rowing, which is fun). A good movie or a TED lecture helps me survive. I guess it is like with treadmills.
    It is raining in Bay Area too. That means more pavement pounding for me. That's OK. We desperately need rain here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you want to use my marathon bib so you can get in your long run, please feel free! :)

    Hope to see you Sat. night, Meg said she re-emailed you. Let me know if not.

    ReplyDelete
  6. life has been in my way for the past two months. one day at a time...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Know the feeling... Work got in way of my running and blogging over the holidays. I'm currently in base rebuilding mode. We will eventually get back in the saddle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol about the weather people. someone has to keep dr 90210 in business!

    hope you had a good weekend and some successful sweat sessions - whether they were on your feet or on your butt.

    oh and i tagged you - http://www.chasingthekenyans.com/2012/01/33-randoms.html - if you want to play along.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are the kind of setbacks we like to hear you have. Let's hope all this job-related activity pays off very soon. And you're so right about the weather folks around here. Ours has a daily photo of her in provocative poses to advertise her outfits. What that has to do with the barometric pressure, I'll never know.

    ReplyDelete