Sunday, March 17, 2013

Details details

It's finally official, so I can let the cat out of the bag.

You may recall that I used to share a lot of pictures of planes and airports. I used to do *some* treadmill work. That all came to an end in the middle of January as I rolled off the project that I had been working. Since then, I've been on the prowl for my next gig. Well, that all came to fruition on Friday. Beginning tomorrow (Monday), I start a new project. I'll be a Senior PM at a major managed care company in Long Beach. I'd be able to watch the Long Beach marathon from my office. No more planes and hotels. Just lots of time in my car braving the madness called the 405. You Los Angelenos know what I'm talking about. This means that I'll be working a regular 8 to 5 (or 6) and a hour in traffic each way (the small price I pay for 80 degree winter weather).

This also means another major adjustment to my exercise schedule. Of course, with my knee at the moment, the adjustment is down to zero. Yesterday it was so bad I could barely walk! I'm hoping a couple of weeks will resolve the pain and swelling. Sigh. The good news is that I'm going to get a new pair of shoes out of the deal. Have you seen all the cool colors!?!?

 

2 comments:

  1. Hey... I am happy for you man! Thats good news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hooray! it will be a nice change to not be in airports and hotels all the time but i'm sure an hour on the highway isn't exactly a party. but you're home, hopefully the wife appreciates that :)

    ReplyDelete