Thursday, November 6, 2008

Recovery Run

Yesterday was a four mile recovery run. I chose a out and back from where I started my hill work the day before on the Lower Back Bay trail. The goal of the run was to keep my heart rate below 75%MHR (135 bpm). An interesting thing about yesterday - for the first time in a while I was feeling physically and mentally tired. I went home to get changed and ended up bumming around, grabbing a snack, and watching some TV before getting out the door. Once on the trail, I noticed that my heart rate went up quicker and had a tendency to overshoot the goal without a lot of effort. These are all signs of burnout that I need to watch over the next few days. Looks like I need to get some additional rest and add some variety in my daily runs.

Speaking of variety, I did make it to my local gym last night to do some stretching and core exercises. First time in a few weeks. The one thing that was noticeable was how difficult it was to do some of the easy core exercises. It really drove home how physically tired my body is getting these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment