Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Six More

Man - I'm just piling the mileage on these days! Ha ha! Actually, I'm pretty pleased about my ramp up to a 30 plus mile base. I can tell that my body is still adjusting. I seem to be continually hungry. I've been craving a lot of sweets the past couple of weeks - obviously looking for carbs. My legs are also tired all of the time I'm not running. But, I don't have any nagging aches and pains, and I am still looking forward to my daily runs.

Last night I ran a 6 mile easy run on the Upper Back Bay trail. Got a start right at dusk, so was running well after dark. It's interesting the number of runners I see on the trail after dark without any lighting. It's a wonder that more aren't plowed down by the cyclists on the trail.

I'm kind of juggling my schedule here since I am travelling this week. I am flying today, so won't be able to run, and want to maintain my Friday rest day. I'll be giving up a speed session, which means a loss of 6 to 7 miles. I want to maintain my base, so the way things are panning out, it looks like a 4 miler either tonight or tomorrow on the hotel treadmill, 45 min tempo on Thursday, and then a 12 miler on Saturday after I get back. Those along with a 6 mile recovery run on Sunday will put me at 32 to 33 miles for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment