Monday, November 3, 2008

Sunday Race Pace Run

I finished week two of my Half Marathon plan yesterday by doing a little four mile run. The plan was four miles at race pace. I ran at a pace that was comfortable for me. Turns out it was probably a little fast - definitely not a pace I could keep for a half. Final statistics - 9:43 average pace at a heart rate of 148 (84% MHR). For the week, I put in 35 miles. That puts me where I want to be to start my marathon training this upcoming January. I heard from those I run with using the Pfitzinger plan that it is pretty demanding, so if I can maintain this base without injury, I'm hoping that I'll be more prepared.

This week is a planned 32 miles. Hills on Tuesday. My long run on Sunday will be lower mileage, but will be a 3/1 run - first three quarters run at LSD pace, final quarter at race pace. That should give me a better idea of what my half marathon pace should be. I'm looking forward to this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment