Saturday, November 14, 2009

Ready, Set, Go!

I'm about to head out for an easy six miler this morning. This will be my first run since Monday. I wanted to thank everyone who has sent their prayers and wishes for my father in law and my family. We're still on pins and needles, but each day delivers a little more good news.

I'm here for a quick running update - I'll be switching to a morning runner next week. It took me while to figure out that with everything else going on, the only way that I will get my training in is to do it in the morning. And getting back on the track is important since my next goal marathon is 18 weeks away.

I also wanted to thank everyone for the *very* sound advice about tackling my next marathon - making sure I'm over my last one first. Well, I think I am. I have been looking at pictures and video from Long Beach, and I get excited reminiscing. I'm also *super* excited about the new course that was announced for my next marathon. In case you hadn't heard, the organizers of the old Los Angeles Marathon sold the race to Frank McCourt last year. Yes - that Frank McCourt. The one who tried to buy the Red Sox and ended up buying the Dodgers. This is a race that needed a fresh shot in the arm. McCourt may just be providing that. This year's marathon route is completely new. They are marketing it as "a landmark every mile." From the start line at Dodger Stadium, the route makes it past El Pueblo de Los Angeles, where the city started, City Hall, Hollywood and Vine, the Kodak Theater (where the Academy Awards take place), down the Sunset Strip, through the uniquness of West Hollywood (WeHo), down Rodeo Drive (wonder if Paris Hilton will be there), through Beverly Hills, past UCLA, through Brentwood, to it's finish on the Santa Monica pier. Here's the promo video for the marathon:



All I've got to say is as a native Los Angeleno, I will be proud to run this race. It is high time we have a race that boasts about our city.

Yup! Los Angeles Marathon here I come!

8 comments:

  1. LA sounds like a fun race! It will go through some great parts of the city, I wish I could do it! Hope things are still going okay with your family and father in law! Enjoy the sunshine today...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice course. I might get lured out there sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a great course. How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a nice promo and that looks like an amazing course. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This course looks fantastic. You gotta wonder what Frank McCourt did to secure that course and convince so many Angelenos to stay home that day since traffic in all those tourtist areas will be even messier than usual. Long live the Metro!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG...I can't even imagine the traffic trauma that's gonna cause!

    Almost makes me think about running another marathon (Almost!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh that marathon looks cool! Definitely a good choice Glenn!

    ReplyDelete