Yeah. It’s not a lot of miles. And they were real slow. But, wth. It’s a new start on my running life. (Note that both runs were trail runs. And both less than 5 miles).
With Monday’s aborted attempt on Mt. Baldy, I’m at 15 for the week. Not good, but considering where I was a week ago, not as bad as it could be. This week I have about 25 planned:
- Monday: Rest day. Time for some poker.
- Tuesday: 4 miles. On the trails in Laguna Coast I’m sure.
- Wednesday: Same as Tuesday.
- Thursday: 3 easy miles. Probably down in the Back Bay
- Friday: Rest day
- Saturday: Not sure. I might be volunteering for the Chimera 100 Endurance Race (100km/100 miles). There was a request this morning for help along the trail directing runners at a junction. Then I’ll get to do a loop and take down ribbons and erase arrows on the ground. I’m thinking I’ll get somewhere between 7 and 10 miles in.
- Sunday: 5 easy miles. Laguna Coast or maybe Aliso/Woods Canyon.
- Total: Around 25 miles.
I’ll know this week whether I’m back or not…
*Why take the blame when a perfectly good inanimate object that can’t defend itself can be blamed? Equipment failure. Yeah. That’s it! Equipment failure has been the problem all along.