Thursday, March 24, 2011

Next Up…

I need to start today’s post by thanking three people. First off, I need to thank Linda (Gymnotes) for convincing me that I wanted to run a few miles of the L.A.Marathon. The excitement of being on a race course struck a little spark. Then yesterday, I think Jay (Tri2Thrive) and Madison (I’d Rather Be Eating) conspired over a conversation on Twitter (a twitspiracy?). Anyways, by the time arm twisting was done and the smoke cleared, I found myself pretty much committed to The Billy Goat Hill Climb in June.

So, training starts in earnest next week. I’ll finish up this week’s training calendar first:

  • Monday: Rest
  • Tuesday: Run 35 minutes
  • Wednesday: Run 45 minutes
  • Thursday: Rest
  • Friday: Run 40 minutes
  • Saturday: Run 30 minutes
  • Sunday: Run 50 minutes

Then, because I’ve had such an extended period off, I’m going to start back up using a Higdon Novice Half Marathon plan. I’ll get started next week. Yessiree. Twelve weeks until “It Ain’t But One Hill.”

10 comments:

  1. Wait a minute! I thought it was you who convinced me to sign up! That sounds more plausible since you are the more experienced trail racer. R convos over Twitter binding? LOL! It will be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sh**t.. it's out there on the internet. No backing out now! I've never gone trail running, or even trail walking. I once tripped on a leaf going to pick up the mail. Lead on Glen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoo hoo! Whoo hoo!

    Trail running rules!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hill climbing is awesome!!! Way to go Glenn!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. FUN, it's awesome to have that goal and a 12 plan is great. You'll totally pull that off!
    Stay strong, Glenn!
    No SF this year?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great goal. And half of it is all downhill right? You've got plenty of time, I'm sure you'll make it : )) Congrats on picking a race. I always feel good when I pick a race.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun! It'll be nice to have a goal race to aim for.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to go! Now it's all out there. I look forward to following the training again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like Novice Plans. My body can't seem to hack the those Intermediate plans with the high mileage. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete