Friday, May 20, 2011

Should Have Been Running

That will be the topic of tomorrow’s blog. In the meantime, do you know what happens here in Southern California when there’s a big storm in the Southern Hemisphere? Well, a couple times a year, storms in *just* the right place in the South Pacific generate waves that travel across the Pacific Ocean that erupt on our South facing beaches. Yesterday we had some serious wave action thanks to a storm off of the Pitcairn Islands (remember “Mutiny on the Bounty?”) 4100 miles away:

I’m hoping to get my butt in gear today. But to be honest, I’m tired of lemonade…..

10 comments:

  1. Used to love to head out to the big surf when I was young!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! that looks crazy! hope you get to run soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Insane! Would be fun to watch folks surfing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I missed that one! I live 1/4 mile from the beach, and I don't believe I even looked at the surf once. Oops. I guess I've got my head in the clouds. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. those are some good waves! the first few rollers i was like... uh glenn, that's standard here on the sc coast. lol. but then i saw it picked up so nevermind, must have just been the start of the 'storm' hitting you! now go run

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Glenn,
    Holy cow!! Those are some serious waves!

    LOL about the lemons! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe there aren't any crazy Californian's out there riding that stuff!! Or did I miss 'em?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved the video! I am surprised that no one was in the water acting a fool. Crazy how connected everything all is that something 4 thousand miles away impacts the water here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Quite a rip current too! Nice footage Glenn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like fun - definitely miss going to the beach! Have not heard the Bird in ages :)

    ReplyDelete