I was out running on Bommer Ridge yesterday when I came upon a sight that left me a little sad. This little guy was probably scared shitless by something that resembled Godzilla to him….
Here’s my foot next to him for some scale. And yes, I have small feet.
I’m really recommitted to building a little aerobic conditioning before my race in a month. I’ll be out in Laguna Coast all week:
- Monday: Scheduled rest day.
- Tuesday: 3 miles. Bommer Ridge
- Wednesday: 5 miles. Bommer Ridge
- Thursday: 5 miles. Bommer Ridge to El Moro Ridge, then a mile or so on El Moro.
- Friday: Scheduled rest day.
- Saturday: 8 miles in the hills. Maybe Bommer Ridge to El Moro Ridge to BFI and back.
- Sunday: Scheduled rest. Maybe a short Deer Canyon jog.
I’m feeling a little resurge of energy and commitment now that I think I’ve uncovered the real issue behind my mental block. Thanks everyone for your kind words. I think it turns out that my issue wasn’t so much a dislike of running – it was where my mind was taking me once I fell into everything that comes automatically these days.
A final thing – remember my little vid at the Wedge last week? Well – here’ the same place, same day about two hours later. Enjoy!