Wednesday, May 25, 2011

When Man Becomes Godzilla

I was out running on Bommer Ridge yesterday when I came upon a sight that left me a little sad. This little guy was probably scared shitless by something that resembled Godzilla to him….

Here’s my foot next to him for some scale. And yes, I have small feet.

IMG_0828

I’m really recommitted to building a little aerobic conditioning before my race in a month. I’ll be out in Laguna Coast all week:

  • Monday: Scheduled rest day.
  • Tuesday: 3 miles. Bommer Ridge
  • Wednesday: 5 miles. Bommer Ridge
  • Thursday: 5 miles. Bommer Ridge to El Moro Ridge, then a mile or so on El Moro.
  • Friday: Scheduled rest day.
  • Saturday: 8 miles in the hills. Maybe Bommer Ridge to El Moro Ridge to BFI and back.
  • Sunday: Scheduled rest. Maybe a short Deer Canyon jog.

I’m feeling a little resurge of energy and commitment now that I think I’ve uncovered the real issue behind my mental block. Thanks everyone for your kind words. I think it turns out that my issue wasn’t so much a dislike of running – it was where my mind was taking me once I fell into everything that comes automatically these days.

A final thing – remember my little vid at the Wedge last week?  Well – here’ the same place, same day about two hours later. Enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. THERE'S the surfers - very cool! Reminds me of those we saw in Hawaii once.

    Glad you found the mojo again, Glenn...have fun on the coast!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must be cautious with those little guys - but stoning them is definitely weak - sad for sure. Glad you shook off some of the funk Glenn!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's no where as easy as it looks...I love the guy who lept off his board over the back of the wave...too cool!

    Glad you're back Glenn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. eww. I don't like snakes of any kind. I give you props just for putting your foot next to it. I couldn't do that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Small or not, he'd freak me out! Glad you've got your mojo back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yuck, I no that snakes are small and we seem so huge to them but there is just something that freaks me out! Eww!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yiiikes those waves got big!

    i'm glad there was the photo... so i could wimp out and not watch the video of Mr. No-Shoulders. i'm a wimp... thanks for not freaking me out.

    ReplyDelete