Tuesday, August 30, 2011

And Another Week Moves Forward

I just realized tonight that I missed blogging last week. Not that there was a whole lot to blog about – I put my head down and got my four days and 15 miles in.

Progress is slow, but it’s coming. Each week is a little easier. On tap this week:

  • Monday: Scheduled rest
  • Tuesday: 3 miles
  • Wednesday: 4 miles
  • Thursday: 3 miles
  • Friday: Scheduled rest
  • Saturday: 7 miles
  • Sunday: Scheduled rest
  • Total: 17 miles

One thing for sure, starting again from scratch is teaching me the virtue of patience…..

11 comments:

  1. Hey Glenn! Sorry I have been a no-show for a while, you disappeared from my cue!! I was like...WHERE DID HE GO?? :)

    Your week was better than mine, but having to start over last year after injury, I understand how frustrating it can be and how much patience it takes. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a solid week! TIme flies. You'll be back in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, patience is undervalued in running. Glad it is working for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I see a 7-miler tucked in there... not bad! My first 7-miler (which I did on 7/20) when I started training for my next race was hell. It's like riding a bike!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm at the same phase in my running...starting from scratch is very humbling. The track coach I work with always tells me, "Slow and steady wins the race!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patience is the key, man. Just keep it consistent and the fitness will come, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Patience is the word! But you are getting out there and that's what is important. Keep it going!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you did a GREAT job. Starting again is very tough. I remember when my weekly totals were 9 miles. That wasn't that long ago (relatively, because I'm not exactly young).

    Best of luck to you. I believe you are right; it does take a GREAT deal of patience to build up endurance.

    No pressure or anything : ) But I bet in a little less than a month you will be ready for an out-and-back up Holy Jim.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, be patient! I was glad to read "starting again."

    ReplyDelete