Friday, August 19, 2011

You Don’t Love… Whaaaat????

Yes. I know. What a bombshell. But I have an explanation! Really!

I’ve been around long enough (face it – I know who Walter Trout is and you don’t) that I understand what motivates me. And the bottom line is what motivates me is reaching a goal. I’m willing to put up with pretty much anything to get there. So, while I don’t love running, if it’s the means to the end, then I *will* do it.

I guess what I’m saying is that I have a goal that involves running as a means to achieve it. Right now it’s carrot cake.* With cream cheese frosting.** The best I can tell, there’s about 300 calories in each slice of carrot cake with cream cheese icing. So, for every three miles I run, I can  have a slice of carrot cake. There. See how easy that is?

Well. I guess I better go earn a piece of carrot cake….

* No. Actually that isn’t my goal. I’m keeping my real goal secret for for a few weeks to make sure my body isn’t going to fall apart again. I hope you get my point though.

** But, if carrot cake were my goal, I’d be an idiot to not include cream cheese icing…..

13 comments:

  1. Hahaha, I like your justification! I like to do that with Mexican food! :)

    Excited about your new goal!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one way of looking at it but just think, if you didn't eat that slice then you don't have to "earn" it. You are really generous with yourself, I normally make myself run 10+ miles for a slice. Myself hates me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll tell ya what! I read between the lines, and you do love running. Jokes on you : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those must be pretty small slices of cake. Your cream cheese frosting alone on a "normal" sized slice is probably 300 calories! As long as your serving carrot cake, I'll stay slim, not a temptation. Now, if you have chocolate, we can talk....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, anything that gets you out there! "Carrot [cake] and stick!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL...Glenn you crack me up!

    My motivation is food. I run so that I can eat. Actually, as I get older, its so that I can eat normally. Loseit.com says that if all I wanted to do is MAINTAIN my current weight, I can consume 1900 calories a day, which is fine, but is still not eating a lot. If I want to lose weight, I'm down to about 1400 calories a day. I run so that I don't gain weight...

    Another reason why I think getting older sucks...sigh...

    Races motivate too. I can't wait to hear what your new motivation is!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love carrot cake - it is my fav.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Will Run for Carrot Cake - definitely a worthy cause!!!! Good luck with getting the bod to cooperate Glenn!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmmm I need some carrot cake with cream cheese frosting STAT! Thanks alot Glenn. :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great now I want carrot cake!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perhaps, someone should leave a piece of carrot cake with icing at the finish line. Let's see how eager you move to get it. :)

    ReplyDelete