Sunday, August 7, 2011

So Are You Going To Believe Me This Time?

Things have been quiet on the workout front. Like real quiet. Like I’ve been buried in though. Imagine Good Glenn on my left shoulder, and Bad Glenn on my right:

Good Glenn: “You know, you’re not getting skinnier by not getting your lazy ass out of the house."

Bad Glenn: “Yeah. That’s true. But I’ve waited for so long. What’s one more day?”

GG: “One more day! You know one of your favorite races is coming up in one month. How can you expect to Run to The Top of Baldy if you don’t get in shape! Like now!”

BG: “Big deal. You can’t afford it anyways.”

GG: “What about starting next week then. Just a couple miles a day like “normal” runners (thinly veiled Lauren reference).”

BG: “Meh. In the meantime, why don’t we watch some tube?”

To which I rolled over and turned the TV on. For whatever reason , the Versus HD network was on (must have been a replay of the 2011 World Series of Poker the night before) and an episode of the Jeep World of Adventure Sports was on. The episode? A replay of the 2007 Western States Endurance Run. This isn’t it, but it does a great job of capturing the “why”:

This, my friends, is what it’s all about. Screw the clock. I just hope I rolled over far enough on my right side…..

6 comments:

  1. Yes. Good Glenn is very intelligent - listen to him! BTW, it was great seeing your smiling face on Meg's blog - I had been wondering how you were doing! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So does that mean you went out and ran, or not? I was in WLA this afternoon and it was really cool, imagine it was by you, too. Good for being athletic outside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful video Glenn. Thanks for sharing.

    You can do this. I think you're Good Glenn advise is good. Just get out there and run a couple miles. One step at a time! : )

    ps. thanks for the link to my blog. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I was running the mileage like Lauren! And on trails no less.

    Thanks to my crappy skin, I'm enjoying some sloth-time. As I've struggled with my own slump since late 2009, I am actually not minding the time off. (usually I get moody). Guess I am (finally) doing what's best for me?

    Good luck kicking BG to the curb!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so thankful that WS recap was on just at the right moments. Sometimes it's little things like this which kicks our butts in the right direction. I know for me, when I had no goal and my heel was at the max pain level, I felt lost and alone and didn't really care if I worked out or not. Saw no point in it. You have a goal now, Glenn - keep that in your sight and you will not give in to the temptation anymore to not get 'er done. You WILL persevere!

    Let's look at the big picture, too - Mt. Whitney in 2012!! :)

    ReplyDelete