Thursday, August 11, 2011

So, You Want to Visit Southern California?

Two days of running this week. I am heading out soon for day 3. Well. Okay. It’s not really running. Yet. More like a waddle. But I’ll get there. Eventually.

While I was out, I was thinking about the fact that several of my out of town runner friends have recently visited Southern California lately. But why? I decided to put this little public service video together:

So, if it has crossed your mind, don’t *even* think about moving to Newport Beach. Believe me. The downsides just don’t make it worth moving here….

12 comments:

  1. Yuck!!! Thanks for posting this, Glenn...I was about ready to put the house on the market here in boring Colorado!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! thanks for the info. i'll be staying in florida. the other land of fruits and nuts. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are crazy...I've been a fan of NP my whole life and despite your movie's truths, I'd live there in a minute(if I could afford it!).
    Great job though on the movie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a cool project. You like making movies more than you like running, so this creative burst will get you out there. Good going!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes, that place is almost as bad as San Diego (wink wink).

    ReplyDelete
  6. ew. who would want 72 and breezy when they could have 100 and humid?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LMAO. You rock, Glenn.

    Congratulations on this streak - waddling will soon turn into some serious running!

    ReplyDelete
  8. man...I am less than an hour away and I can tell you here it looks Nothing like that!!! and the temps.....are way up!!!! can you guess where I am?!!!! I see the mountains from my house but not the ocean and when it's 70 in NP it is 100 here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know that path! I NEVER get sick of it - in fact, I am considering goin there right now!! We are soooo lucky to live here!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am sooooo very far behind...can I just thank you for using the word "jehosephat!"

    Awesome video Glenn!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It totally sucks, doesn't it?

    "Jehosephat." Hmmm. Gotta use that one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LMAO. Don't even get me started on how perilous it is walking Balboa Island every weekend ...

    ReplyDelete