So here’s tonight’s decision process. It’s a little after 6:30PM. I’m meeting the rest of the project team for dinner at 7:30PM. I need to get my a** moving:
- Hmm. I can go run up a hill for a mile and back for a mile.
- Hmm. I can hit the treadmill.
- Hmm. It’s 50 degrees outside (don’t forget, we’re talking someone who lives in Southern California here).
- Hmm. The treadmill has a TV on it and I have my headphones.
- Hmm. Big Ban Theory is on TBS.
The treadmill won.
Plan: 2 miles
Actual: 2.03 miles
- Standard budget: 2030 (us Clydesdales get a significant allowance)
- Exercise adjustment: +380 calories (once again, us Clydesdales burn a lot to keep the mass moving).
- Total budget: 2410 calories
- Total consumed: 2395 (more on this in a separate post)
- Calorie surplus/(deficit): 15 (whew)