Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Back to Work

I'm back from a short business trip, so I'll be hitting the trails again this evening. Sunday is normally a rest day, so I didn't miss anything there. I was on a plane yesterday, so I'll trade a cross train day today with a 40 minute run that would normally have happened yesterday.

Starting this week, the training plan I am using starts to lengthen out. We are at 40 minutes a day, three times a week plus our long run. That means that this week will be around 21 miles. Our long runs will be increasing by a mile or two per week until we get to 20 miles in about 6 weeks when we begin a three week taper leading up to the San Diego Rock N' Roll Marathon on June 1.

Final thing - I want to approach my first marathon as an event instead of just a race. I am looking for a camera that is small enough to carry around on my longer training runs and on the marathon. So far I've settled on an Olympus 790 SW. I am having fits though with eBay and trying to pick one up from the Olympus store. I'll fill you in on that adventure later.

No comments:

Post a Comment