Saturday, April 26, 2008

My Garmin is back!

Yea! My Garmin is finally back and running properly! As I noted in my last bog entry (yeah - I know I'm behind), I had received my Garmin Forerunner 305 back from Garmin. I hooked it up to my computer and was having the same problem as before - a USB device malfunction error. The device itself was working - i just couldn't communicate with my computer. I got back on the phone with Garmin on Tuesday. We eliminated all of the hardware in place with one exception - the docking cradle. They agreed to send a new cradle before we went into the depths of software hell to figure out what wasn't running right on my computer. Yesterday the cradle showed up. This morning I plugged it in. Guess what? Success! Turns out that there was something in the cradle that was causing the problem.

I have a bunch of other things to write about. Hopefully I can spend some time this weekend and over the week catching up. Runs went well during the week. Nothing earth shattering or of special importance to talk about. Short runs are now 45 minutes each. Long run this weekend is 16 miles. The only problem is that it's supposed to be 85 degrees here today - so I think I'll carry extra liquids and drop my pace a bit to deal with the heat. I'll post when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment