Saturday, May 31, 2008

Last run

Before marathon day that is!

Today I did my last two miler before marathon day. I tried to keep it slow and easy. Did the upper back bay for 20 minutes today. Got in just a tad less than 2 miles.

Earlier this week, I ran a new short trail. I took off from Bonita Creek Park and ran south along a trail. I've never taken the route before, but when my son ran Cross Country for CDM High School, at least part of the trail was used as their home meet trail. Since my run was only 20 minutes, I wasn't sure how far I was going to be able to go - in fact I didn't know where I would be going. The trail parallels the 73 freeway as it head south. Soon, I was running under the MacArthur offramp and found myself on a dirt trail in a creek bed. The run ended right next to the ball fields at Arroyo Park in the Bonita Canyon neighborhood. Looks like I'm going to need to try this out sometime when I need to run a little longer!

Well, for now that's it folks. I'm off to San Diego this afternoon for Marathon!

I'll talk to you all after that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment