Thursday, May 8, 2008

Taper has Started

Well, I guess we are on the downside of our training program at this point. Our peak mileage week was last week at 33 scheduled miles. This week we drop our short runs from 45 minutes (4.5 miles) to 40 minutes (4 miles) Monday, Wednesday and Friday. We have a long run on 14 miles on Sautrday this week, and 12 miles on Saturday next week. Then we really do taper by droping miles down to 3 a day 3 times a week with a 6 mile long run, then 2 miles a day 3 times a week before the big weekend.

I'm looking forward to the marathon at this point. I want to be careful to make sure I don't injure myself prior to the big event. I am also looking forward to post recovery in a couple of months to work on driving mileage up closer to 50 a week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment