Thursday, December 11, 2008

In Some Pain Here...

Yeah - I'm in some pain here today. Again. Just as last week, my quads are screaming today. After something as easy as a *slow* four mile run. I suspect my shoes because of the following:
  • They got absolutely soaked (and squishy) in Dana Point on Thanksgiving
  • I have about 250 miles on them now
  • And - I ran a relatively comfortable 7 miles Tuesday night on a padded track. But, yesterday's 4 miles on pavement had me in agony a couple of hours later.
I run in Asics Kayano 14s. 250 miles does not seem like a lot of miles on a product that is so expensive. This is my third pair this year, and I got 280 miles on one pair, 255 miles on the second. So it appears I am about ready to swap these out. I want to try something different, but the last time I did, I was in agony much sooner (I tried a pair of Saucony Progrid Hurricane 10s - not enough support for my feet). I normally shop at Road Runner Sports, but maybe I'll head over to A Snails Pace today and see if anyone there is more knowledgeable. In fact - I think I'll contact Cal Coast and see if Coach has any recommendations.

No comments:

Post a Comment