I missed yet another day of training on Sunday. Work called. Not that I stand a real chance winning the bid for the proposal I spent the weekend on (that’s not a bad thing given the job), but I had to go through the effort for the client. Sigh. Four miles were flushed away as a result.
So – last week wrapped up with runs on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. A busted interval workout, a tempo run and a long run for a total of 17 miles. Crap. I’ve got a half marathon in seven weeks. And I haven’t run with any volume (more than 20 miles) since the last week in June. Crap. Well – I guess that’s why running is a hobby. Until I can figure out how to make a living at it….
At the risk of another broken week (I already know Thursday is going to be a problem), here’s my current schedule:
- Monday: Schedule rest day
- Tuesday: 8 hill repeats. One mile warm up and warm down for a total of 6 miles
- Wednesday: 3 miles easy
- Thursday: 45 minute tempo. About 4 1/2 miles.
- Friday: Scheduled rest day (I may flop this with Thursday so I can get my appointment and run in).
- Saturday: 9 mile long run.
- Sunday: 3 miles easy
- Total planned: 25.5 miles
I’ve got seven weeks to Long Beach. Time to get serious or wonder about the wisdom of spending the dough….