Saturday, October 9, 2010

Missing in Action

Man. How life changes. A few months ago I was a six day a week runner, a five day a week blogger, and a daily blog reader. These days it seems I’m a twice a week runner and a once a week blogger and reader. Shame on me!

Not to worry. My health is fine with the exception of my knee. My knee was okay after my last run, but a couple days later it started bothering me (no pain, but just that swollen feeling) so I figure some time off will probably do it some good. Also – don’t worry about what I’m doing with my spare time. My poker hobby seems to have taken off in the last month or so, so I’m finding plenty to do in my spare (used to be running) time.

The only downside is my waistline is not finding all of this lounging around to be productive. I think I’m up 10 pounds from where I was in March for the L.A. Marathon. Yikes!

So, I’m still around. I’m still reading all of your blogs. I’m still updating here, albeit on a much less frequent basis until training starts in earnest. When will that be? Give my knee another week and we’ll try it out. Until then, I’ll leave you all with my adventure from last Sunday – 10 miles in the local hills. Hope you enjoy it more than I did running it (not really!)…

16 comments:

  1. March was a long time ago, don't worry about the 10 pounds. Nice video. Man I miss my single track! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to have you check in, always like your videos as well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous trail, Glenn. You are blessed to have such fun trails nearby (me, too :) ). You were cracking me up with the finger outlining your run on the topo map :). Yeah, I can't seem to budge too much with the weight. Must. Work. On. That!! Hope the knee's better soon and you're back on the trails!

    ReplyDelete
  4. another awesome video Glenn.. I'd be afraid of getting lost out there, not to mention the snake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i always enjoy your vids - i don't have anywhere to run like that over here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great video! I could have done without the snake though. Shudder.... I will wait until it gets a little cooler before I head back out into the hills. I am looking forward to it though, once this marathon is done.

    I hope you are doing well at Poker. Sometimes we need different things to pass the time...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Training goes in cycles...just like life..and I guess, like blogging too! No worries. Just enjoy what your doing. I'll keep enjoying your vids!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great video! The trails look like such a wonderful place to run.

    I'm sorry to hear about the knee trouble! My mom's had some problems with swelling in her knee. She wore compression socks a few times on our vacation and she said it made a huge difference.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice trail Glenn!! I have been a once a week blog reader lately too. Life happens!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad to hear you are doing well for the most part but I'm sorry to hear about your knee.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My heart skipped a beat when you encountered your "trail buddy" and it didn't seem willing to share the trail. Oh my.

    Thanks for the virtual adventure, Glenn.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey, I'm right there with you! Don't worry about the 10lbs...it'll come off when you get back in the swing of things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I would love to run where you get to Glenn! Great video! That trail is so gorgeous:) I know how hard it is keeping up with everything...life is crazy at times. Good to have you back! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bummer about the knee, I can't wait to see you back more regularly and hitting more trails and roads. It won't be long I'm sure. Great video!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome run Glenn - when it is subzero here in a few months, we may be out there running that one with you ;-) Your trail buddy has been eating REALLY well - most of ours are not quite that long out here! What do you use to shoot your video?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope your poker habit is a profitable one.

    ReplyDelete