Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Mulligan!!!!

That’s what I feel like blurting out at this point. Time for a redo. Time to get back on the wagon and get things moving in the right direction.

Monday night’s re-start was on the ergometer (rowing machine). After taking a few weeks off, the loss of fitness is *noticeable*. After a 5 minute warm up, I did a pyramid workout – 3 minutes at a challenging pace followed by 3 minutes at a rest pace, then 4/4, then 5/5, then 4/4, and a wrap up at 3/3. Total distance rowed – 7.7 kilometers in 43 minutes. And shaking arms and legs to pay for it.

Tuesday I headed to the Back Bay for three quick easy miles. Turns out the only thing it *was* was three miles. It *wasn’t* easy or quick.

I’m back on the ergometer today for another workout.

On a related subject – I am going to resurrect my daily calorie count. Ever since my knee started bothering me a couple months back, I cut way back on training, but not on my diet. The excess poundage is astonishing. WadiaSoft – this time I’m giving you a run for your money!

10 comments:

  1. We're going to have to limit you on restarts soon, Glenn. :) It's a new day, definitely a good one for a fresh start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I have to say is that "Rome wasn't built in a day." Try to be consistent even if you only do something for 20 mins a day. Build on that. Don't get discourage. It's probably easier to start small than to keep having to restart. The fact that you are determined is a good sign.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get back on that wagon Glenn!!!;)
    Way to go! It's never easy to get back on but you are a dedicated man and I have no doubt you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You get as many Mulligans as you want ... you're playing with friends (and the best support group you can have)

    (P.S. please try a change of pace and fill out my 4-question running style survey here. Thx.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe try a couple months NOT eating out anywhere? You have no control over restaurant food, unless you order fresh veg with no dressing. As long as you're winning, your poker opponents won't make fun of you brown bagging it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha, I could not help but to laugh at Kovas's comment. Restart limits. 3 per year? Actually, don't think of it as restarts, just your life in a pyramid planning scheme. Way to go on the rowing machine. I tried it and it takes a lot of coordination. I am surprised I can even run and breath at the same time. Keep it up man. 3 miles is 3 miles in the bag, no matter how you dissect it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like I keep saying - Never Give Up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're back at it! Nice job on the ergometer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL to kovas - we are going to have to put a limit on you soon though!

    The erg! Making a comeback. Hope you enjoy the variety between workouts and find a healthy dose of mojo!!

    ReplyDelete