Week one is in the books. My knee seems to be recovering/recovered. I have full range of motion and no pain. So far so good. I got in one less day of workout than I was hoping for, but ended up putting in somewhere around 15 miles - 12 rowing, 3 running.
One thing that I realized last week is that the reason that I had Mondays and Fridays off when I was into heavy training is that it fit well into my life schedule. So, this week, I’ll fall back into that schedule:
- Monday: Scheduled rest
- Tuesday: Row. 4 to 6 miles depending on the daily workout from the Concept2 website
- Wednesday: Run 3 to 4 miles. Most likely on the road in the back bay
- Thursday: Row. See Tuesday.
- Friday: Scheduled rest
- Saturday: Run 3 to 4 miles. Should I try the trails? I’m a tad hesitant since I’m not 100% confident that I won’t aggravate my knee on the uneven surface.
- Sunday: Row. See Tuesday and Thursday.
- This should put me somewhere around 18 to 20 miles. If I can hold this up for another week or two, there might be hope after all.
The hope I’m talking about of course is my race schedule. At this point, a Turkey Day 10K is pretty much out of the question. I’m hoping to be able to keep my appointment with destiny in mid December.