Another week successfully in the books. That means at this point I’m going to become official in my quest for my goal race this upcoming year – the Bishop High Sierra Ultra in May. Sorry ergometer. It’s back into the corner for you for the time being.
- Monday: Scheduled rest day
- Tuesday: 4 miles run. Start a core regimen.
- Wednesday: 4 miles run.
- Thursday: Run 4 miles. Try to control the Pumpkin Pie intake valve.
- Friday: Scheduled rest day. Allow the l-tryptophan to work it’s course.
- Saturday: 9 mile run.
- Sunday: 3 mile pace run. Core workout.
- Total mileage: 24 miles.
This also means that the following races are on the calendar at this point:
- Crystal Cove XTerra: 17k trail race 12/10/2010
- Baz Hawley Winter Trail Series 12K Trail Run: 01/09/2011
- Baz Hawley Winter Trail Series 15K Trail Run: 01/23/2011
- Baz Hawley Winter Trail Series 18K Trail Run: 02/06/2011
- Baz Hawley Winter Trail Series 21K Trail Run: 02/20/2011
- Los Angeles Marathon: 03/20/2011
- After LAM, I’ll be concentrating on hikes/climbs that provide elevation gains at higher elevations to get acclimated to the near 10,000 foot altitude that Bishop will throw at me.
- Somewhere in the April/May timeframe I’ll need to throw in a 30K and maybe even a 50K trail race.
- Bishop High Sierra (Goal): 05/21/2011
This training cycle will be about time on my feet. No speedwork. It’s going to be about being able to stay on my feet and moving for 10 hours. Or (most likely) more.
Here we go!