Monday, February 28, 2011

Does This Qualify as a Progression Run?

When I started this current training cycle, a "training run" was a walk followed by a run (about the same duration each) done three times. Then, the next week was a run followed by a walk (not the same duration) done three times. This week, it's going to be a run followed by a walk (definitely not the same duration) followed by a run. Shouldn't this qualify as a progression run? LOL!!

The best part is by Friday, the walk portion is officially out of the plan. Well. While it's officially out of the plan, I have this feeling in the pit of my stomach that it will still unofficially make an appearance here and there. Oh well. It's a heck of a lot better than where I was a few weeks ago!

On the calendar this week:

Monday: 15 minute slow run, 2 minute walk, 15 minute slow run
Tuesday: 30 minutes on the ergometer
Wednesday: 20 minute slow run, 2 minute walk, 10 minute slow run
Thursday: Scheduled rest day
Friday: 25 minute slow run
Saturday: 30 minutes on the ergometer
Sunday: 30 minute slow run

Now, if I can only get back to 30 miles a week so my diet can catch up!

Have a great week everyone!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

9 comments:

  1. You'll get there soon enough. Hope you had a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember some months ago when I would NEED to walk during almost every run. I managed to train for a full with this strategy without injuring myself more.

    Since the new year, my need for walking is gone, and I remember how great it felt to know that yes, I could run that next step... even if slow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally a progression run! I think if you keep at it like you are you are going to continue to see improvements. Patience grasshopper (says the girl with none when it comes to injuries!) You are doing awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're building back up at a nice progression. keep with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2 + years later, and I still find myself walking at times. Just depends on how unfit I feel or really am. Walking, Running, whatever, just go for it. and yes, its progression, since you are progressing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely a progression run :) whatever it takes! Hopefully you're already feeling more normal/natural again with running.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're making progress. Keep on going!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. (a comment having NOTHING to do with the run...although I do think that your re-entry plan is VERY smart), but have you SEEN the new IPAD2?

    Jealous much?

    ReplyDelete