As I enter week 3 of this Half Marathon training program, I’m getting pretty tired of my clothes fitting a lot tighter than they did a year ago.
In the past, I wrote a blog review of an app on my iPhone: LoseIt! Well, after the using it for some time, I’m finding that the weight loss that I’m looking for just isn’t happening. This can only be for three reasons:
- I’m not tracking *everything* that I’m eating: Counting calories requires attention to minute details. That extra cookie could be 150 calories! And yes – guilty as charged.
- I’m not able to track everything I’m eating: This is usually due to an incomplete food database in your calorie counting app.
- My BMR is lower than what my tracking app calculates
I really really need to start dropping some of the major poundage that I have put on in the last year. To get things back on track, I’m going to change up my calorie counting regimen. Here’s what I’m doing:
- I’m changing to MyFitnessPal. The food database seems to be more complete than LoseIt (at least based on what I eat). And, my calculation of my BMR is a full 200 calories lower in MyFitnessPal that LoseIt. Not to mention, it’s never my fault, right?
- I will be tracking *everything* that I’m eating. Period.
My goal is to drop 30 pound by the end of the year. That’s about a pound a week. About 3500 calories less to eat. Keep the carrot cake and casino buffets away!!!!
Speaking of burning calories – I ramp up by a couple miles this week:
- Monday: Scheduled rest.
- Tuesday: 3.5 easy miles
- Wednesday: 2 miles
- Thursday: 3.5 easy miles
- Friday: Scheduled rest
- Saturday: 5 miles
- Sunday: Erg 35 minutes
- Total: 14 miles plus rowing