Thursday, January 5, 2012

Is it Really January?

I was back in the Laguna Coast yesterday. I got a late start. No. I didn’t need to wear sleeves:

IMG_1321

Seen at the Pacific Ridge Trailhead. Can I join this team?

IMG_1319

Is it really January? Yes it is! That’s why I live in Socal!

IMG_1320

The sunset was pretty dramatic:

IMG_1323

IMG_1326

I really wanted to head down into Emerald Canyon, but with my 4:45 PM start, it was going to get dark on my way out of there:

IMG_1327

So, instead, I turned around at the 3 mile mark and headed back along Bommer Ridge to the car. It got really dark. I’m glad I had my headlamp:

IMG_1330

By the way – I ran into a set of glowing eyeballs in the distance about half a mile from my car. Does anyone know if a coyote has two forward facing eyes?

Ha ha! I’m pretty sure it was a coyote. I mean it seemed to be more afraid of me than I was of him, because as I crept closer, it stopped and then bounded up the hill. No. It wasn’t a rabbit….

6 miles yesterday. 4 miles today.

8 comments:

  1. Awesome photos, Glenn....and I'll try not to hate you for the weather report! Being a former resident of the Southland, I remember the oppressive winter cold....oh, wait a minute, it was never really cold in the winter......ugh.....now I'm getting depressed from the memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This kind of heat I can handle -- I can still run after 4 PM rather comfortably. Win!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Making me green with envy! And those trails look so inviting...sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great to see you back at it, and in a big way. I'm still unsettled by this uber summer weather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It has been SO warm and lovely here. California is so freaking great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see coyote all the time at the state park I run a lot, they really are curious but never have had any bother me. One time though I was on the trails and there were three right in front of me. I stopped dead in my tracks and was pretty terrified; 3 against one on their territory was not something I wanted to find out who won, so I backtracked and got on the main bike path. Phew!

    The sunset here yesterday was absolutely stunning, too. I was swimming laps and the glass block wall was just glowing pick and orange.

    Meg's going to get ahold of you for a little carb dinner :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Warm enough to break out in a sweat just thinking about running :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would just be happy enough with 40 degrees right now. Great photots man. Maybe it was a ghost or some creature of sort. Or maybe those people off of the movie "Wrong Turn". Oh wait, your in Socal! nevermind. Great Running, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete