Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Change in the Wind

I’m not talking in the literal sense though. It appears that after months of trying to figure out how to find gainful employment, I have managed to stumble into an opportunity.

Well, not really. Stumbling that is. It’s an opportunity that I have been chasing for several months. It’s right up the alley of what I was looking for – back in the Management Consulting industry working for a small boutique firm. It’s back to my roots and what I enjoy doing.

It’s not all peachy keen and ideal though. My first project is ten weeks long (which means I could be looking again in a few weeks) and it’s not here in sunny Southern California. The pay is good, so I can deal with the 10 week duration, and I do get to come back home every weekend. But, beginning Monday it’s the life of a consultant – airports, rental cars and hotels.

In the meantime, anyone in Sacramento have tips on some good trails?

10 comments:

  1. Congrats, Glenn! Hope this gig opens the doors for other gigs. I hear Sac is pretty flat, but I'm just a tourist, so who knows...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, work is work and sounds like it's going to be a good change for you, congratulation!! I hope it leads to something permanent! I've been to Sacramento a couple times, there was a trail I ran along the river there...it's been a VERY long time ago but it was pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!
    maybe this will bring other opportunities!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great! This something sounds better than a kick in the pants.

    Yes - Auburn, Folsom Lake area - I believe that is part of the Western States course which is not far. Also, the area around Grass Valley is nice for some trails. Tahoe is not too far. Heading North - not sure what highway there was some very nice trail/campgrounds and National Forrest areas. Sac -City itself, yeah well it is no Newport Beach. Have fun! You will find some trails and some nice ones though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like holding out paid off. Yay for work?!? Yeah the words "yay" and "work" just does not belong that close together. But congrats on finding something worth doing. Sacramento is pretty far up there. I've never been there but sounds colder. Can't wait to see what kind of trails you find up there. I bet they are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. woo hoo!! congrats glenn! rack up some hotel points for a vacation, make it worthwhile ;) i hope everything goes well and opens big doors for much success. like, a multimillion-dollar consulting job. and when that happens, don't forget about me haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the opportunity Glenn - an open door is an open door, right? Our friend Tim from Inside Trail Racing is scouting out trail race areas around Sac, so it must have some good running close by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats!

    Doesn't Ms V live in that neck of the woods!?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, way to go on that, and you will like since you have done it before. Don't know if I could handle the travel though. Better you than me. lol. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! Hope this opens up more opportunities! Enjoy exploring some new territory!

    ReplyDelete