Monday, January 21, 2008

The Reality of Making a Living

Well, I had to miss a run today. Chalk it up to having to make a living.

I'm on a business trip for the next couple of days. I was planning on getting to my hotel and hitting the treadmill, but after getting into the office at 4 AM, leaving for the airport at 7:30, getting on my flight at 11:30, getting to JFK at 8PM (Eastern Time), and finally to my hotel in New Jersey at 10PM, I just didn't have the energy to put on the shorts and put in the miles. Oh well.

Seems like not much is going per plan today. I thought I would have an opportunity to start reading the book that I picked up last weekend - "Marathon The Ultimate Training Guide" by Hal Higdon. But wouldn't you know it? I settled in with my book in my seat, and my reading light didn't work! I still tried to get started, but the gentle rocking of the plane, the twilight darkness, and getting to bed late and up early conspired against me. Time to saw a few logs.

I hope to get the book started tomorrow. I'll let you know how it is. For now, I think I'll grab a salad and watch the Lakers...

No comments:

Post a Comment