Tuesday, September 13, 2011

This Week’s Plan

So,  as I mentioned yesterday, I am slowly but surely settling into a running routine. Easy Tuesdays and Thursdays, a (little) longer on Wednesdays, and a (short) long run on the weekend. In the past I’ve always had Saturday’s set aside for a long run, but with my current schedule, I think I’ll be moving that to Sundays. That means for this week:

  • Monday: Scheduled rest.
  • Tuesday: 3 miles easy
  • Wednesday: 4 miles easy
  • Thursday: 3 miles easy
  • Friday: Scheduled rest
  • Saturday: Scheduled rest
  • Sunday: 6 miles
  • Total: 16 miles

At this point, I’m just trying to slowly build my base again. No races, no speed work, nothing fancy. Just boring nose to the grindstone work for the next several weeks. Hope you can stay awake….

7 comments:

  1. Easy does it! At least you have plenty of places to ruN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good plan! I definitely find that getting in the miles is the most important thing. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep plugging along, Glenn...you are doing fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, I find that it sometimes is good to not have any races.. You are doing great, plugging along is a good thing!! You will race again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post is informational. I appreciate ......... so nice

    ReplyDelete
  6. After a multitude of setbacks, I am right there with you. Three miles for me today was a lot. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete