Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Let’s Get the Show on the Road

So now that the goal is in place, it’s time to start working. My top priority at this point is to get into cardio shape to attack higher elevations. Since there is snow (and even more dangerously, ice*) until mid May-ish, I have from now until then to get into shape. To do that, I’d like to build myself up to somewhere around 30-35 miles a week, with as many trail miles as possible.

For this week:

  • Wednesday: 3 miles
  • Friday: 2 miles
  • Saturday: 4 miles
  • Sunday: 2 miles
  • Total planned: 11 miles

Now that the Holidays are over, I’ll also be refocusing on my calorie goals. If I can only remember that it’s okay to be hungry some of the time…..

1 comment:

  1. I've had to start re-teaching myself what true hunger is. Boredom is not hunger. My stomach is rebelling - it's used to eating far too often!

    ReplyDelete