That pretty much sums up last week. The lowlights:
- I ran on Tuesday. 4 miles.
- Saturday: The rains came. The trails closed.
- Saturday night I missed what I’m sure was an all around great time with my blogger friends Jill, Meg, Irene, and others at their pre-Carlsbad Marathon carbo load celebration (by the way – I do need a pictorial report please!)
- Sunday – see the picture above. And I couldn’t find my car keys because I knew if I did, then I could move the car out of the garage and would then have to row.
So, last week was a real dud. All around. The worst part? If I’m not running, I can’t eat! Yikes!
It’s Monday and it’s raining again. That means the trails will be closed until at least Wednesday. Which is okay, because my Wednesday is booked solid anyways. Besides, the sun is supposed to be out and the temps into the upper 70’s by the middle of the week. That’s more like it.
Here’s this week’s plan:
- Monday: Rest
- Tuesday: 4 road miles
- Wednesday: Rest
- Thursday: 4 miles. Hopefully trails.
- Friday: Poker day.
- Saturday: Let’s try this again. 10 miles. Trails
- Sunday: 8 miles. Trails.
- Total planned: 26 ish miles.
Hey! That’s like a marathon!