Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Still in my office....

But I got my run in today.

I have a large program running in Virginia. A bunch of work going on in the mountains of Eastern Tennessee. I get to sit here in 70 degree, sunny weather in Southern California.

I also get to catch up a little on my radio listening. For a while now, I've been a Phil Hendrie fan. For those of you who may not know who he is, Hendrie is a Nationally syndicated radio personality. His claim to fame is that he performs much like a voice actor does. He has several characters where he provides voices. His characters are an assortment of politically incorrect folks. He will have his characters call into his show. He then carries on both sides of the conversation with his character on some current topic. For example, one of his characters, Rudy Canosa, owns a lingerie store. On Valentine's Day, Canosa called in to Hendrie to talk about gifts for Valentine's Day. While they are talking about that, foghorns start going off in the background. When asked what those are for, Canosa explains that the foghorns are to warn his sales staff that an "extra large" woman has come in the store. They need to be earned because these fat women will stretch the lingerie when they try it on. So you get the general idea. You can catch Hendrie on KTLK (1150 AM) here in Los Angeles 9PM to 1AM. You can also catch Phil on his website at http://www.philhendrieshow.com.

My bigger problem though is that I'm an early to bed, early to rise guy. So, I rarely stay up to listen to the show, relying instead on podcasts of the show made available at http://newphilhendrieshow.com/forum. Likewise, I also have a computer set up to record another of my favorites, Coast to Coast AM. I use a product called Replay AV from Applian Software to capture the recording right off KFI's Internet feed. When I come in in the morning, I have the previous night's C2C ready to listen at my leisure.

So, while sitting here tonight (this conversion job in Virginia has been running for 4 and a half hours now), I've been able to listen to last night's C2C AM (I fast forward through the news and commercials), and finished up the 2/22 edition of the Phil Hendrie Show. Of course, I got the first hour of Phil on my run tonight.

So far, I'm on week 2 of my hour long runs during the week. I *can* tell a difference too. I am running with a little more energy and am much more comfortable through 4 and 5 miles. I am managing to keep my pace at 10:00 or a little better, and keep my heart rate in the 150 range. I'm still not fast, only making it through about 6 miles on each run, but I'm hoping the speed will come as I build a better base. For now, I'll just keep plugging along.

No comments:

Post a Comment