My five mile recovery run wrapped my step back week. Final mileage: 32.5. Big fail though was that I never made it onto the ergometer or to the gym....
So, I'm now back to my mileage ramp. On the schedule for this week:
- Monday: Rest day. Will probably hit the erg today. I'm feeling rested after last week.
- Tuesday: 9 miles - first 5 GA, last 4 at Half Marathon Pace
- Wednesday: 5 mile recovery. Hi the gym for some stretching and core work.
- Thursday: 9 miles GA
- Friday: Rest day.
- Saturday: 15 mile long run
- Sunday: 5 mile recovery run. Hit the gym for some stretching at a minimum.
- Total for week: 43 miles
And, now that I've made up my mind on doing the marathon, I laid out the rest of my training plan yesterday. I'm doing the Pfitz 24/55 plan (24 weeks, peaks at 55 miles per week). I had to whack 3 weeks off the endurance phase, so it's really the Pfitz 21/55. Now I understand how these things can be so daunting. Sixteen more weeks and 750 training miles to go. That doesn't include the 225 already under my feet. Deep breath. Deep breath. The journey has begun!