Sunday, June 19, 2011

Can We Talk?

To borrow a line from a popular comedienne from the past...

So I pulled the handle marked "CAUTION: EJECT". It was pretty apparent a couple weeks ago that 400 feet a mile was going to give me trouble. Much less 400 feet a mile for 6 plus miles. So much for the 2011 edition of the Billy Goat Half (But - check out Madison's report. She finished fourth female over all. Outstanding!)

As I alluded to in Friday's post - sometimes life does not go as planned. Some of you may remember some posts I did a while back about being in career search mode (I believe the euphemism is "transition"?). Well, job search has resulted in nothing. Nada. Career search these days is much more a personal marketing campaign than it is just looking for work. So, about two weeks ago I decided it was time to revamp the existing campaign. Come up with a new spin. Start forging new relationships. New networks with new people. All that takes time and effort. Not to mention that a lot of networking opportunities come only after those gainfully employed are off work. I had every intention of getting the miles in, but a coffee meeting here, a lunch there, a mixer here and there, and before I knew it, training was out the window.

It occurred to me late last week that if I'm going to get my training in, I am going to have to treat it like any other important meeting. Put it on my schedule. So there you go:




Every training day. Same time. That means this week:

Tuesday: 3 miles
Wednesday: 2 miles
Thursday: 3 miles
Saturday: 4 miles

Watch for photos!

Tomorrow: A new blog I'm working on for my other "hobby".

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

9 comments:

  1. Chin up, feet down, keep moving. Tough to concentrate on superfluous things like monster trail races when lifesuckiness is going on (yes, I made up that word but it fits...) Keep putting one foot in front of the other Glenn - hope a good week awaits you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there, Glenn. Seems life is all about how we respond to change. And to "transitions", if you will. There will be plenty of time for more miles in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finding a job is a full-time job in itself, as you know. Looking forward to hearing about your new hobby. Happy Father's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't hesitate to reach out if I can be of assistance in any way, Glenn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally agree with Happy Trails and his wonderful new word, lifesuckiness. In order to survive this time you MUST schedule in a few things that keep you moving forward, keep you head clear and get you outside!!
    Happy Father's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about the job thing, Glenn. You know I've been in (and AM in) lifesuckiness so understand your frustrations. Sometimes, though, I feel so much better about that suckiness after a good run, and I hope that is the magical Bandaid for you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Different kind of scenareo but in March when I landed a day time job in the Safety Dept., My running went way off kilter. I believe for your running to go smoothly, everything else must follow some sort of allignment. Nothing can be off kilter, esp for constistancy. Take care, hope things work out soon for ya. Best wishes networking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you are doing good running-wise while still juggling job hunting and the everyday life stuff. You're making time to workout most days and that is a step in the right direction. I hope you had a nice Father's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are other hobbies than running? ;) sorry to hear search is slow-going :(

    ReplyDelete