Monday, June 6, 2011

It Just Occurred to Me…

It’s been over a week since I’ve even looked at my blog roll. Yikes! 265 items in Google Reader!

I may be absent from these pages, but I’m still getting out a couple or three times a week. Here’s a little video from one of my treks in the hills last week:

It’s pretty impressive – the entire area in this video was once filled with agriculture and cattle ranching. And not so long ago either - I can remember cattle grazing in some of the canyons in this video when I first moved here in the mid 1970’s. Gads! Okay, maybe it *has* been a while.

After watching this video, I’m feeling a little guilty too. I was complaining that it was in the low 60’s with a stiff onshore wind blowing. Jeesh.

It’s two weeks until my next race. While my training has been happening, it has been anything but consistent. I have a feeling that I’m going to be paying for my transgressions.

I’ll be out in the hills at least three days this week. Who knows – I might even put in something over 10 miles this weekend….

11 comments:

  1. I still remember the asparagus groves in Fountain Valley and orange trees stretching to the foothils from my youth. Big changes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! Don't push too hard this weekend if you can... save it for the race!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeay! The Running Fat Guy returns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing! When am I going to see you at another race?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy to hear you're steadily running :).

    I'll send you an email, but Brendan and I are booked to come out and he's going to climb Mt. Whitney on July 25-26....but we'll be in San Clemente before and after...hope we can meet up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the new look! Sounds like a run filled weekend!! Excited to hear about your upcoming race!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 2011...1970... it's all the same ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am doing some catching up here as well on some reading. Hope all is well your way. Just go have a good time in two weeks time, and go for it. I am sure that you will impress yourself. Take care man

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck!!! Just enjoy the view and keep moving forward until you cross the Finish.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My schedule is whacked these days, so if I have one day during the week to blog, then it's a success!

    I've been having computer issues so I couldn't watch the video. :(

    Take it easy on those hills!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hah you and me both...I am so not blogging this year!

    ReplyDelete