Thursday, February 28, 2013

It Actually Felt Like Running

My original plan on Wednesday was to tackle three miles in Buck Gully. Well, I got to the trailhead and discovered that it was street sweeping day, which means no parking! Yea! That meant I could go back home and veg out a little more. In all seriousness, the weather was just too nice to head back inside (74 degrees down here by the beach), so I headed down the road a couple miles and hit up a “trail” (in quotes because it’s paved) that I haven’t been on in a while – Crystal Cove State Park.

Running Crystal Cove 2-27-2013

The bluff above the beach can provide some stunning views. Proof from yesterday (that’s Santa Catalina Island 26 miles away in the distance):

8515542027_0e6cf03c83_o

The best part of yesterday’s jaunt is that I actually ran jogged most of it. It was a short three miles, but I’ll take what I can get these days….

From the caloric view:

  • Daily budget: 1530
  • Calories consumed: 2070
  • Exercise adjustment: 3 miles, 562 calories
  • Deficit/(surplus): 22

And as much as I want to take advantage of the awesome weather today, it *is* a scheduled rest day, and last week I had this little twinge……

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Great weather too. It has been really windy here so running is fine, but the biking is tough. How is the wind there? From what I remember, March can be pretty windy there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, respect the twinge! I am actually learning to run in warmer weather, so this is good practice.

    ReplyDelete