Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Unscheduled Rest

Yesterday was interesting. I was planning on a four mile run to see how my hip adbuctors were going to react to two days in a row. But, I didn't sleep particularly well Monday night because of a persistent toothache. Throughout the day the pain became worse. At times it became absolutely unbearable. I finally threw in the towel and decided to call a dentist. I found one that could see me at 7:30 PM (he is my brother-in-law's wife's ex-husband). I got there and xrays were taken. The xrays were quite an eye opener! Remember that bike crash back in June? (http://therunningfatguy.blogspot.com/2008/06/down-for-while.html). Well, turns out that the nerve in tooth#3 involved had necrotized and had created a huge abscess under the tooth. Luckily, the dentist was old school who basically does everything himself! An hour later, the root canal was done and I was on my way.

No running today. I will be in the kitchen cooking up dinner! Wishing everyone the best this Holiday Season!

No comments:

Post a Comment