Monday, February 23, 2009

Slow and Easy

I wrapped up the week yesterday with a four mile recovery run. A slow recovery run. Like, REALLY slow. Goal was to keep the heart rate below 75% of max. I think my body is pretty fatigued because to do that I had to drop my pace into the 11:40 range (I did maintain my heart rate at 74% of MHR). I checked my old data, and found that I normally run a slow four mile recovery run about a minute per mile faster.

I wrapped up last week at 26 miles. The coming week will be more challenging with the addition of some speed work:

Monday: 4 mile easy run
Tuesday: 2 mile warm up, 8x400 at 5K pace, 1 mile warm down
Wednesday: 4 mile recovery run
Thursday: 45 min tempo (10 min warm up, 25 min at tempo, 10 min warm down)
Friday: Scheduled rest
Saturday: 9 mile long run
Sunday: 4 mile recovery

This will put me at 32.5 miles. I'm looking forward to getting back on a structured schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment