Thursday, February 7, 2008

Busy day

And no running. This week is supposed to be a mini taper in anticipation of a 5K or 10K this weekend. The only problem is that I can't find anything convenioently close to home to run.

I find the best place to look for races is at raceplace.com (http://www.raceplace.com/). There are a few that don't show up on raceplace, but they tend to be smaller races or boutique races. Anything major in Southern California shows up there.

The deal with this weekend is that a 5K sounds fun. A 10K requires a level of effort that I'm bot sure I want to expend, and the last 5K I ran was back in November. It would be kind of cool to see how much improvement I can pull in a 5K now. The closest 5K though is in Downtown L.A. this weekend. Granted - it sounds like fun - The Chinatown Firecracker 5K/10K to usher in the Chinese New Year. But the thought of getting up at 5:30 AM, driving for an hour, looking for parking, and then running for less than 30 minutes isn't all that appealing. There is a 5K in San Diego County, but it's a similar story there too. The drive for a short run just is not that appealing.

The next one close by that looks decent is on February 23rd - the Los Alamitos Race on the Base 5K/10K (http://www.ci.los-alamitos.ca.us/race_page.htm) Who knows - I may even be motivated to run a 10K on a flat course at that point.

As for this weekend - the weather outlook is good, so I think I'll put in some miles on the trail this Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment