Monday, February 11, 2008

First day on the new program

So today was my first day on the new Cal Coast program. I cheated a little and ran 10 minutes longer than the program called for, covering almost 3 miles in my usual slow pace.

As I mentioned in one of my earlier posts, this program looks a little light. I understand that the program needs to be structured for non-runners, but week one includes 20 minute runs Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and then a 3 mile "long" run on Saturday. If I stretch the 2o minute runs to 30 minutes, then this week will be 12 miles. Well below what I was running on the recovery program.

So, we'll see how it goes. I got the go ahead to add a couple days of cross training to the schedule, so I'm sure you'll hear about my indoor rowing and weights on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

2 comments:

  1. Saw your blog and thought you might be interested in
    my website and fitness program called Indo-Row.
    Rowing is amazing cross training and is part of my ironman training. That is next for you after the marathon. Good luck in your training. Best, Josh
    www.Indo-Row.co

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josh:

    Thanks for stopping by. I actually had read about you last month in Rowning News. You don;t have to sell me on indoor rowing - I am an avid fan of the sport. I am glad to see that you have been able to take it to a new level with your affiliation with the Sporting Club. I wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete