Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Tempo Run Day

These runs have fast become my favorite runs. Especially the shorter runs like today. On these shorter tempo runs I feel like I'm able to air out a little and blow out the old pistons. Run a little faster than normal.

Today was also a great day for running here. Sun was out. Wind was slight and offshore. The only problem was the 55 degree temperature at 4:30 PM. Oh well - could have been a lot worse. I ran my favorite part of the Newport Bay Trail - from the Interpretive Center over to Jamboree Blvd and back. This is an area of the bay where there is a paved trail on rolling hills. It is used by a lot of runners and walkers, but only a few bicyclists. The result is a scenic, sane trail good for running.

I may have to miss running tomorrow. This past weekend, my brother in law backed into my parked car. I now have a little souvenier that shows that a Hummer's rear bumper and a BMW's front bumper don't align. I have a 4PM appointment at the dealer to get an estimate to fix the damage. By the time I'm done with that, I doubt that there will be time to run before picking my son up. I'm not going to sweat it though. I think I'll put in some miles this weekend to make up for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment